The National Conference on Agricultural Journalism is your ticket to a world of possibilities, where words and images converge to shape the destiny of agriculture. This is as the agricultural landscape is rapidly evolving beyond just crops and animals, hence why the maiden National Conference on Agricultural Journalism (NCAJ 2023) in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, from Thursday, August 31 to Friday, September 1, 2023, promises to be an unmissable event for anyone interested in this vital sector.
The maiden edition of the conference themed, ‘Agricultural Journalism in Nigeria: Challenges and Prospects’, is designed to discuss major challenges facing agriculture with a view to proffering sustainable solutions to them using journalism and communication media, to promote food security and a safe environment. From groundbreaking innovations to networking opportunities and policy insights, here are 10 compelling reasons why attending this conference is a must:
1. A confluence of minds: Picture a gathering where farmers, agricultural experts, journalists, investors, lawyers, researchers, academia, policymakers, and innovators converge to exchange ideas, share experiences, and collectively envision the future of agriculture. This conference is not just an event; it’s an intellectual melting pot that fosters cross-disciplinary dialogue for a holistic understanding of the agricultural ecosystem.
2. Navigating new narratives: In a world increasingly driven by information, the narrative surrounding agriculture matters more than ever. Attending this conference will equip you with the tools to craft compelling stories that bridge the gap between urban consumers and the toil of farmers. Learn how to translate complex agricultural issues into relatable narratives that resonate with the masses.
3. Spotlight on sustainability: As global concerns about climate change and resource depletion escalate, sustainable agriculture takes centre stage. Join the conference to explore how agricultural journalists can play a pivotal role in advocating for eco-friendly practices, encouraging innovation, and galvanising public support for a greener, more resilient agricultural future.
4. Igniting innovation: The intersection of agriculture and journalism is a fertile ground for innovation. Discover groundbreaking technologies and methodologies that can revolutionise how we communicate about agriculture. From drone-enabled farm monitoring to data-driven investigative reporting, the conference will showcase how technology can amplify the impact of agrarian journalism.
5. Empowering stakeholders: Agricultural journalists have the power to empower stakeholders at all levels of the industry. By attending, you’ll gain insights into how effective communication can facilitate collaboration between farmers, researchers, policymakers, and consumers, amongst other stakeholders. Harness the potential to catalyse positive change by fostering a more informed and engaged agricultural community.
6. Beyond boundaries: Agriculture transcends geographical boundaries, and so does the impact of agricultural journalism. This conference will emphasise the role of media in fostering international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and solidarity among agricultural communities worldwide. Prepare to be part of a global movement that amplifies the voices of those who feed the planet.
7. Unveiling untold stories: Behind every crop and livestock statistics lie a farmer’s journey, a story of determination, resilience, and ingenuity. The conference will delve into the often untold stories of those who work the land, humanising the agricultural narrative and reminding us of the human spirit that drives our sustenance.
8. Policy impact: Agricultural policies play crucial role in shaping the industry’s growth and sustainability. By attending the conference, you’ll gain an understanding of the current policy landscape, participate in policy discussions, and contribute to shaping the future direction of agriculture at national and global levels.
9. Experiential learning: Beyond the conference sessions, attendees can participate in exhibition, workshops, hands-on demonstrations, showcases and field visits to local farms and agricultural facilities. This experiential learning opportunity offers a deeper understanding of practical applications and allows you to witness firsthand the transformative impact of innovative agricultural practices.
10. Global networking: The conference isn’t just a local affair; it’s a gathering that connects you with professionals from around the country and beyond. Forge connections that extend your reach and enrich your understanding of agricultural practices worldwide. Prepare to be inspired, informed, and invigorated. Attend the ‘National Conference on Agricultural Journalism’ in Abuja and embark with us, on a journey that promises to redefine the way we see, understand, and really communicate about agriculture.